Jody's Garden

Jody's Garden
"No Worries"................. On a Sunset Cruise off Na Pali.................. "You can click on the picture for a tour of what we saw and the fun we had..............." (If you are new to my blog, I post the most recent news or event first (or on top). If you are trying to catch up, you may want to start with my older posts first by clicking on the "Blog Archive" and choosing a title)

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day Plus Four

Day plus Four and things are still going smooth. We woke about 6:00 am when her night nurse came in to check her vitals ( vitals is when they check her heart rate, blood pressure and temperature). Jody is having a little upset stomach and her skin has become sensitive, but otherwise she is tolerating everything quite well. Her platelets continue to drop, and we are expecting to see a big change in her ANC today. Day plus Five and Six, we were told, should be the beginning of her struggle  and Day plus Six through Twelve is when she should begin losing her hair.

Today is much like all the other days, Jody will watch TV, walk the halls, maybe do some reading and try to entertain herself and get through the day. Your calls and letters help, they distract her and help time pass.

She wants to know if she will ever be beautiful again?
I caught her in a smile...

Jody keeps asking if she will ever be pretty again. I keep telling her she's the most beautiful person in the world to me and I am the only one who counts. I know you all will agree...









Here we are together...
Here we are...

This is our before picture as we enter our second week. Gee, I can not wait to see the after week two picture! I know my children are all excited. Shannon (my oldest) says she is liking the "Hair Cut". I have been cutting my own in preparation and Jody is coming around to letting me cut her hair. Don't we look "purty" (that's Kentucky for beautiful)? 

I decided to go out for lunch, so I went across the street to Thai-Basil". I love the food there and I can find a quiet booth to sit in near the window. Jody eat some Baby Gouda cheese, crackers and a high protein drink for lunch, so we are both content. I am sensing a nap coming on, but what the heck aren't I always...

Well the ANC came in about the same as yesterday, however her platelets are continuing to drop. Tomorrow we should see a difference.

It is me! in my Birthday Boy gown...
I spent the night last night so we decided I should go home and get some rest. We had a nice dinner together. I loved all your phone calls wishing me Happy Birthday. I love you all, I just hope I can live up to all your expectations and do a good job taking care of Jody. Thanks!

Good night, see you tomorrow...





A very dear friend of Jody and mine sent me the quote of the day...
"Our love is the unfolding miracle that expands our joy to include our pain."
Alla Bozarth-Campbell, PHD

3 comments:

  1. Hi you two. I'm thrilled to read that Jody is doing so well so far!! I know there are rough days ahead, but keep the focus on the other side of this mountain and you'll get through it!!
    Lots of prayer still coming you way.
    Peace, Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Dad! I know all of your energy is focused on Jody (as it should!!), but I hope you had a nice day. I love you both. Thinking of you always.
    Love, Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Tom, I just discovered we missed your birthday, and I'm so sorry. Guess I don't have yours in my date book yet, but it will go in now. Hope you had a peaceful day, and that on this date next year, you and Jody will be out doing something fun!

    Marilyn & Kent

    ReplyDelete