Jody's Garden

Jody's Garden
"No Worries"................. On a Sunset Cruise off Na Pali.................. "You can click on the picture for a tour of what we saw and the fun we had..............." (If you are new to my blog, I post the most recent news or event first (or on top). If you are trying to catch up, you may want to start with my older posts first by clicking on the "Blog Archive" and choosing a title)

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day Plus Three

Today is Saturday, I talked to Jody and she reported feeling good. The topic of the hour was what to order for breakfast; after discussing her options and changing her mind several times, Jody settled on an English muffin, a scoop of eggs and last I heard a bowl of prunes (she changed her mind several times). If you have not noticed by my posts, food is almost all consuming, it is up there with keeping the room perfect... everything in its place. I know every one of you who has worked the galley with Jody knows exactly what I mean. You probably have asked yourself on one of those long cross-country flights, "is Jody like that at home". I am here to confirm to you she is!

Jody's CBC count has dropped over the night and around 2:00 am they gave her a transfusion. This typically  take six hours to infuse. This is nothing to be alarmed about, it is to be expected. Jody has not begun to make her own blood cells yet, that will come when the donor's stem cells are awakened. It will be at least two-weeks, so Jody will be getting transfusions as she needs them.

I am planning on staying home for a while. Pam Menzer called to tell Jody she was going to stop by, so I will hold off and let her have some time with Pam.

Nothing more to report, I arrived at the hospital around 5:00 pm in time to spend some time with Pam. After some laughs and great conversation Pam left. Jody asked me to spend the night so she could wish me happy birthday first.

I thought I would lighten things up a little with the quote of the day. You may not have dropped a lamb but I know you dropped something in the kitchen.
"Always remember: If you're alone in the kitchen and you drop the lamb, you can always just pick it up. Who's going to know?"
- Julia Child

No comments:

Post a Comment