Jody's Garden

Jody's Garden
"No Worries"................. On a Sunset Cruise off Na Pali.................. "You can click on the picture for a tour of what we saw and the fun we had..............." (If you are new to my blog, I post the most recent news or event first (or on top). If you are trying to catch up, you may want to start with my older posts first by clicking on the "Blog Archive" and choosing a title)

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day Plus Twenty-Four

It is 6:30 am out here in Denver. I think Jody is sleeping in today, because I have not heard from her. As soon as I do I will post it. We spoke to Dr. Gregory (BMT team) and she is cautioning us that the counts could go down, but she definitely feels that all the counts indicate Jody is definitely engrafting the donor's stem cells. We should know a lot more when the test they sent off comes back and is compared to the bone marrow biopsy that will be done later next week. So everyone keep the prayers coming, they are definitely working.

"Dog voting poster"
From "Day Minus Five" until last night, Jody has been taking a census on the cutest dog. Jody and I, when it is safe want to get a dog. Jody loves Springers and I love Bulldogs, so she started this contest. Our friend Linda sent me a birthday card with a picture of a Bulldog on it, and we tore a picture of a Springer from a magazine. Jody has been asking everyone who comes to her room to "vote for the dog you would most want to take home". To this date the Springer has 25 votes and the Bulldog is at 14. I will admit it does not look good for me. So, since I have the password to write on this blog and I can say what I want.  I am pleading with my audience to vote for the Bulldog. AHHH!...  look how cute he is.... he has his own remote control... AHHHHH!... This is my push to the finish...

OK, Jody just called (7:30 am), so this is HOT off the press. We have some UPS and we have some DOWNS. First Jody's ANC is still going up along with her white blood cells. This is good, because it increases her ability to fight infections. Her ANC is at 3420 and white blood cells are at 4.5. Jody's HCT however, has come down to 25.7 and her platelets are down to 156. This is all OK, the counts will always fluctuate, depending on fluids in your blood. All of these counts are percentages. The most important thing with the counts is that they indicate a trend, and in Jody's case we have a strong UP trend indication.
More to follow....

2 comments:

  1. That is one ugly dog. And i don't mean the Springer. Sorry brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all in the attitude... Thanks Bro...

    ReplyDelete