Jody's Garden

Jody's Garden
"No Worries"................. On a Sunset Cruise off Na Pali.................. "You can click on the picture for a tour of what we saw and the fun we had..............." (If you are new to my blog, I post the most recent news or event first (or on top). If you are trying to catch up, you may want to start with my older posts first by clicking on the "Blog Archive" and choosing a title)

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day Plus Fourteen

I finally had a good night sleep. Every night I go home, a million thoughts go through my mind and I struggle to decompress. Last night Jody suggested I stay home and get some of the projects I have been working on done. I will not tell you what I have been working on, because Jody reads my posts.(I know she does because she calls me and tells me all that I have wrong.)

This morning Jody called to tell me her ANC had stayed at 100, but her HCT had dropped to 23 and she had to get a transfusion last night. Her blood type has remained the same and has not changed. Jody and I both are wondering what this will do to the ANC count tomorrow. Everyone will have to check the blog tomorrow to find out.

Jody's appetite has remained the same, she ordered her usual a one egg omelet with cheese and ham a strip of bacon and two pancakes. She love her pancakes!

Jody reported she walked her two-miles (see post "Day Plus Six"). So far she has been able to eat, keep her food down, walk a mile and drink her two-litres of water. Now all she has to do is get her ANC to start going up.

Jody is doing a little complaining today. She must have slept on her side last night because she is reporting her shoulder is hurting a little. The nurses gave her some percocet for the pain.

Jody is feeling a little sluggish today. She has been able to keep her energy level up so far by sheer will. She has been giving it her all. Your support and love has helped give her the drive and will power. She has so many friends... she is looking forward to thanking everyone in person. Together Jody and I have worked to paint a picture of what our life will be... this picture in her mind gives her the incentive to push-on too. It has been 25 days since we began this journey together. Keep cheering her on...


“Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.”
Paul the Apostle... 2 Corinthians 9:6

No comments:

Post a Comment