Jody's Garden

Jody's Garden
"No Worries"................. On a Sunset Cruise off Na Pali.................. "You can click on the picture for a tour of what we saw and the fun we had..............." (If you are new to my blog, I post the most recent news or event first (or on top). If you are trying to catch up, you may want to start with my older posts first by clicking on the "Blog Archive" and choosing a title)

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day Plus Ten

I am going to quit telling you that Jody is doing well. Jody is an awesome woman... Jody is doing great so call... Her cell phone is not working so well in the room. so call the room. (303-869-1517) If she does not answer in two to three rings, she has gone to the bathroom or a doctor/nurse is in the room. There is no message machine. Jody's cell phone does not work as well, so she can not call you from her room and her room phone will not allow her to dial long distance. She loves the attention and encouragement.

Jody called about 7:30 am and told me her ANC has continued to drop. She is at 580 and her platelets are now at 45. This will mean they can stop the LOVENOX shots (see "Day Minus Two")... it is a good thing.

I have a lot to do today. I am trying to prepare the house for when Jody can come home and I have some wash to do, so this will be a short post.

I do have some pictures for you, so enjoy.
Jody's in her new hat
I like this one the best! What is your vote?
Jody's friends Chris and Steve Reiser, sent her two-new hats. Jody loves them! She still has not lost her hair, but they say when it goes, it goes all at once. I am taking a vote, which hat is the cutest. Let us know... I all ready voted.

Does anyone have a suggestions on where the buttons should be (see first picture)? Jody is a little un-sure.

I promised her I would shave my head!
Here I am with my head shaved. The next door neighbor brought over his clippers and we did the deed. Jody is of the opinion I look like Daddy Warbucks from Little Orphan Annie. No comments please, it will only give her more ideas.







My head was cold,  I borrowed one of Jody's hats.
Before her chemo she was always cold and now she is warm, so she keeps the room around 72 degrees and my head was getting cold.
I decided I needed a treat tonight, so I decided to pick up dinner at 17th Parallel and bring it to the room with me. P17 is well known for their Vietnamese cuisine and as you all know i like to eat. So I ordered my favorite soup/salad "Pho" pronounced FUH. It is a broth with slices of beef or ox tail in it. You add various sauces to make it sweet and spicey, fresh herbs, rice noodles and bean sprouts... it is very good. I got to Jody's room around 6:00 pm and she had ordered chicken fingers and french fries. 

Jody was aching for company so I spent the night in her room. Saturday nights are usually pretty quiet at the hospital. We were able to bring a cot over from our old room for me to sleep on. We both fell asleep aroung 10:00 holding hands trough the hospital bed guard.

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them."
John F. Kennedy (1917–1963)

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! Dad, you do look like Daddy Warbucks! I can't believe you shaved your head! You guys look great and I am happy to hear things are continuing to go well. I will give you a call tomorrow.
    Love, Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the white one matches the gown,maybe when she is home the blue would be better. I think the buttons should go above the left ear with the flap sticking out. It will give a rackish baseball cap effect.
    Sharon Fauber

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still think you look like Uncle Fester from the Adam's Family, Tom.... Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you were going to make it short?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rod Stewart is right on ! Every picture tells a story. Your shaved head picture , Tom, says it all. It's showcases your true personality.

    A REAL A** HOLE

    ReplyDelete