Jody's Garden

Jody's Garden
"No Worries"................. On a Sunset Cruise off Na Pali.................. "You can click on the picture for a tour of what we saw and the fun we had..............." (If you are new to my blog, I post the most recent news or event first (or on top). If you are trying to catch up, you may want to start with my older posts first by clicking on the "Blog Archive" and choosing a title)

Monday, December 27, 2010

Day Plus One-Hundred-Fifty-Two


Jody, Myself and Jody's father 
Absolutely nothing happened today. I promised you some pictures so here they are... Jody is doing well... We just need to work on the strength thing. She looks good...

I know I should have put this in the blog sooner, but I still wanted you to see it...

Jody and I had Thanksgiving Day dinner with "Papa Joe" at the nursing home this year. I love this outfit... it was her Christmas gift from me and she wanted to wear it to the dinner. I had to buy it with her so she knew I had it.
 
Nativity Scene

Jody's brother and sister-n-law (Kurt and Shawn)went to Israel earlier this year. They brought us back a set of Nativity scene figures carved from the native olive wood. I built a minature wooden stable out of some scrap wood I had to display the figures in. I built it to scale, complete with wooden pegs in the beams. I think it turned out pretty good, even if I say so myself. 
Here's our Christmas Tree...











This was the last thing Jody did before we went to the hospital the next day... Notice the presents have not arrived yet. "I do not know why it looks like it is leaning..." it could be the photographer (Jody)?






Christmas morning... Complete with the "Yule Log" burning


 In one of my earlier posts I told you we got up at 4:30 and raced downstairs to open our presents. The blue line under the tree is jody's oxygen line. She drags it behind her everywhere she goes... Jody gets a litlle frustrated when it wraps aroung her leg.  












Off to get "Papa Joe" I love the new hat and bow-tie

Our friends from New Jersey sent me a hat and bow-tie. I guess they thought I needed some sophistication... The bow-tie does not work to well with golf shirts... that is about all I wear these days. The hat is really cool, I will wear it everywhere. Thanks Carolyn and Alma, I love the hat and bow-tie.











Something Sexy.... Yeah Baby!

Jody loved all of her gifts, but this may have to wait awhile. Check out the hair. It is growing pretty fast. I love the smile!












Jody and her father waiting for the Christmas Goose


"Papa Joe" came over for a Christmas dinner of spiral cut sugar cured ham, scalloped potatoes, Kentucky Brussels sprouts, and Jody made a delicious fruit jello. For desert we had a pumpkin cheese cake strudel pie... I could not eat anything for the rest of the day.



3 comments:

  1. I loved alllllll the pictures. Cuteness all around. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting the pictures. Makes the words come alive. You did a great job on providing a stable for the nativity figures. Also, Jody......you are looking great. I know parts of every day are tough. Stay strong. I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys... We love your comments

    ReplyDelete