Jody's Garden

Jody's Garden
"No Worries"................. On a Sunset Cruise off Na Pali.................. "You can click on the picture for a tour of what we saw and the fun we had..............." (If you are new to my blog, I post the most recent news or event first (or on top). If you are trying to catch up, you may want to start with my older posts first by clicking on the "Blog Archive" and choosing a title)

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Day Plus One-Hundred-Fifty-One

Jody did well today, although she seemed to be more tired today than yesterday, but then again maybe Christmas Day was a rally day and she need the rest. I can tell her lungs are getting stronger. Her voice is stronger and her breathing is not labored. We did absolutely nothing today... watched a little football and read our book and my daily paper.

Jody had fun talking to some of you who called, even though her conversation is short, she is always excited to hear from everyone, it makes the day go faster. I am planning to work on the computer tomorrow. I think Jody is planning to work on her nails and do some ironing (everyone knows how Jody likes to iron... I have just about convinced her not to iron my shorts; "just fold them and put them in my drawer, honey"... ). The doctor gave her the green light and Jody has gone "Berkowitz" ironing everything (Berkowitz is won of her sayings... You all may remember him. He was the "Son of Sam" and killed a bunch of people. HEY!? Maybe I should be more careful?).

Has anyone else had trouble trying to convince Jody not to do something? More specifically has anyone attempted to talk Jody into not doing something for them? She is the most giving person I have ever known. I am sitting on the couch watching TV (by the way, both legs are good); Jody is wrapped in two layers of clothes, a blanket, can not get comfortable because of a pain in her back, with her feet up because of the swelling, and it takes her 2-3 minutes to get uncovered, 2-3 minutes to grunt and groan to get out of her chair, a minute to catch her breadth... and she looks at me... "can I get you a beer or something else to drink?" Thank goodness we bought a refrigerator this summer and put it in the garage. I keep my beer; "OH excuse me," our beer in the garage refrigerator. I am so happy she only has a fifty foot tube attached to her oxygen unit, or she would have gone. "Uh! No honey... besides your tubing won't reach." "Oh I forgot..." Do you understand what I am saying here? Jody is always thinking about others and no matter what, she will not stop and think of herself. She mentioned to me tonight that I need to figure out away to drag her and her oxygen tank down to the Hallmark store so she can get her January birthday cards. Any ideas on how to handle this? Give me a call, please!

It is now 8 o'clock and we are off to bed. There is nothing on TV we want to watch... "Hey the Bronco's won today... Beat the Texans." Tim Tebow looked really good, everyone is comparing him to John Elway. I hope they do not jinx him. Jody watched every minute of it, even when I fell asleep in the first half.

See ya tomorrow, I will post some pictures for everyone. Love you!!

Oh by the way, It is still OK to call. Jody may not be able to talk long, but she does like hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment