Jody's Garden

Jody's Garden
"No Worries"................. On a Sunset Cruise off Na Pali.................. "You can click on the picture for a tour of what we saw and the fun we had..............." (If you are new to my blog, I post the most recent news or event first (or on top). If you are trying to catch up, you may want to start with my older posts first by clicking on the "Blog Archive" and choosing a title)

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Day Plus One-Hundred-Fifty-Five

Hello everybody!

Jody is having a good day... It seems we have one good and one not so good. My last post was on Day Plus One-Hundred-Fifty-Two, which was Monday. It was a good day and we did absolutely nothing, so I posted some pictures for everyone.

Day Plus One-Hundred-Fifty-Three started off rough, Jody just was not feeling great. She was moving slow and everything was a struggle. We went to the Clinic and had a GREAT CBC report. All of her counts went up, red blood cell, white blood cells, and platelets. It made us feel a lot better. Janet, who is a Physician Assistant, went over all of our medications and pronounced "Jody is doing well". It made us feel good hearing it from her. We set all of January's appointments and scheduled our visit with the Thoracic Surgeon and went home. The visit went well, but Jody was not in the mood to talk or do anything.

Day Plus One-Hundred-Fifty-Four started off fantastic. Jody slept well and was feeling good. We started her IV fluids early. I am not sure if it was the good night sleep or the fact that she talked me into going to her favorite store (Coldwater Creek). I agreed only on one condition that we stopped for an early dinner at my favorite Pub, McCabe's Irish Pub, reluctantly she agreed. This was our first day out carrying a ten pound oxygen tank. We had a discussion, which looked better; me carrying the tank over my shoulder with the oxygen line tied around Jody's neck or do we bring a little two wheel dolly for her to pull the tank behind as she shopped. We decided I would carry the tank and walk alongside her holding hands; hopefully it will not look so awkward. So when her IV was complete; off we went... but first we needed to swing by the hospital.

We have been having a bit of a challenge getting an anti-fungal medicine. I first mentioned our challenge back on "Day Plus One-Hundred-Forty-Eight". We thought we were getting a month's supply and ended up only getting five-days. (I now know why and will explain latter.) The medication called "Noxafil" is on worldwide allocation. The drug store near our house, said they could get it but after several back orders things looked doubtful. We contacted the Clinic to see what they could do to help and they got the ball rolling at a drugstore in the hospital. Numerous phone calls back and forth finally confirmed they would have a month supply in Thursday afternoon. We were short doses of the medication to make it to Thursday. The Clinic pharmacist called the hospital and they released another two doses to us on Wednesday. We were to pick up the needed doses around noon.

After picking up our medication, we headed to the mall. As luck would have it we found a parking spot in front of the store. Jody, with a gleam in her eye swung her feet out of the car and started for the store, when she felt a tug as if she had just been faced masked by a line backer. It was the oxygen tank. I was not quick enough to pull it out of the front seat. After some weird choreography and a few expletives we finally strapped the tank onto my shoulder and proceeded to the store. Jody pulled the door open and stepped in not realizing the door was not open enough for the two of us. Bang! I hit the door and fell against Jody causing us both to stagger into the store. Gathering our composure, we looked around to see if anyone noticed and I whispered in her ear "you need to remember there are two of us". Off we went hand-in-hand shopping for the perfect blouse... "Everything 50% OFF" signs were everywhere. We found a artificial twelve inch tall Christmas tree for me to carry, as well as a couple of blouses (They were just OK). "What do you think? Will this go well with my taupe pants? "I do not like the shade of pink, what do you think?" I grunted and nodded my head, feigning I knew what she was talking about... When all of the sudden one of us had to go to the bathroom (guess who). This we did not plan for... Throwing the blouses over one of my shoulders and Christmas tree in hand I went as far as I dared. I handed off the oxygen tank to her just as the door closed. I waited at the door for her return, gathering a few stares from other female shoppers. "Sir, the men's room is at the end of the hall." "Thanks... I am waiting for my wife." Jody returned and we were off again moving stealthily through the racks; zigging and zagging, when all of a sudden there it was "the perfect blouse". Not just one but two (different patterns and shade , of course) who would have known! What luck? Now It's off to the dressing room to try them on ( It has been explained to me before that women have to try things on. Just because it is in their size, does not mean it will fit. Men, on the other hand pick it up and if it says its their size it will fit. Unbelievable?) "Uh sir!"" You are not allowed back here..." "It's OK he is my husband...he is carrying my oxygen" "Well, Uh, .OK but there other women back here... Let me know when you are coming out, sir." Red faced I proceeded to squeeze in the changing room with Jody. There is something crazy about this, Jody lost a part of her lung... was in the hospital for nine days... out of hospital for six days... and she could not pass up a Coldwater Creek 50% off sale. It must be in her DNA, never miss a sale, especially Coldwater Creek. Well I survived, I mean Jody and I survived and I got to go to my favorite pub. "Sheppard's Pie and a pint of Guinness for me". (Its in a man's DNA...)

Thursday, (Today) we awoke waiting for the pharmacy to call and tell us the Noxafil was in and I could pick it up. Jody must have slept wrong, on her side I think, she is complaining about some pain in her chest area. She is very concerned about me driving back into town, because a snow storm was coming. Finally, just after lunch the pharmacist called and told me the Noxafil was in and ready for pickup. The snow had just started to fall. I drove downtown to the pharmacy and back without a problem; however, I witnessed four accidents and watched two guys do donut circles in the street. It is our first big storm this year and it seems like everyone forgets what they learned last year... how to drive in a snow storm. Take it slow, do not stomp on the brakes, keep adequate spacing... you know what I am saying. I almost witnessed a guy hit two women standing beside the road, trying to cross with a baby no where near a crosswalk. Thank goodness there was a high curb that bounced him back into the lane. I mentioned earlier I knew why they were so stingy [ pronounced "stin-jee"; meaning, ungenerous] with the medication... When I picked up the medication my co-pay was $50.00 because it is a name brand class four drug. The pharmacist said you saved $4,800 due to your insurance. Can you believe that medicine can cost that much? No wonder our health care is so expensive. Thank you HMO Colorado!

That's it for tonight... Love to all... In case you are wondering Jody and I are not going anywhere tomorrow or Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment