Jody's Garden

Jody's Garden
"No Worries"................. On a Sunset Cruise off Na Pali.................. "You can click on the picture for a tour of what we saw and the fun we had..............." (If you are new to my blog, I post the most recent news or event first (or on top). If you are trying to catch up, you may want to start with my older posts first by clicking on the "Blog Archive" and choosing a title)

Monday, July 26, 2010

Day Minus Two

Monday is supposed to be a high of 92 degrees, and partly cloudy here in Denver. I am tending to the garden and enjoying my morning here at the house.

Jody called to tell me she took her shower and ordered breakfast. Her BMT team has done their rounds and have checked her vitals and posted her blood count. (They have a chart they maintain on her wall everyday showing what her blood count is for that day.) Jody will be getting the double chemo treatment again today including the ATG, so it will be a full day connected to the IV pump.

Her biggest fear is to receive shots and it appears her left leg is swelling and giving the BMT team some concerns. The left leg is where she had her blood clot, which caused our last two episodes at the hospital. Jody may need to get LOVENOX® to help reduce her risk of developing blood clots. LOVENOX® alters the blood’s normal clotting process, so clots can’t form as easily. LOVENOX® has to be given as a shot to the stomach. She is telling the doctors "That it (the shots) is a deal breaker, I am out of here!" RIGHT...SURE... We will just pack it in and go home... I am sure this will be a subject of discussion all day today (everyone knows how Jody latches on to a subject, and it seems to never go away... never ever ever never). This brings me to my quote of the day COURAGE (see below).

Dr. Brunvand stopped by, it appears Jody totally scared off the PA (Physician Assistant) when she (the PA) suggested the LOVENOX®. Jody will be getting a shot once a day. ARRRRGGG! not a happy camper. I am beginning to feel sorry for the nurse who has to deliver the shot.

Last night Jody slept very well. She is convinced it had to be the bed making expertise of the BMT technician Ross. I will post his picture here shortly.

Jody ordered a baked potato for dinner and I ran down to the cafe'. It is a lot easier to decide what you want when you can see it. Jody on the other hand is always surprised. Jody's baked potato arrived early so she waited for my return to opened the lid to her plate. We both stared at the plate in amazement... maybe it was the anticipation... I rubbed my eyes... The potato was the size of a large egg with a table spoon of bacon alongside. Piling on the sour cream gave the potato some mass. Poor thing... she decided next time she will ask for three or four potatoes. My hamburger was delicious....

More to follow...

“What makes the dawn come up like thunder? Courage!”  
Cowardly Lion
from The Wizard of Oz (1939)

2 comments:

  1. Remorse looks behind
    Worry looks around
    Faith looks ahead

    As seen on a church marquee I Columbus, Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one... Jody liked it...

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete