Jody's Garden

Jody's Garden
"No Worries"................. On a Sunset Cruise off Na Pali.................. "You can click on the picture for a tour of what we saw and the fun we had..............." (If you are new to my blog, I post the most recent news or event first (or on top). If you are trying to catch up, you may want to start with my older posts first by clicking on the "Blog Archive" and choosing a title)

Sunday, July 18, 2010

To All My Dear Friends

(This is a copy of a card Jody posted at her domicile... She wanted her friends to know why she was not working... In case they had not heard.)

I am sorry I never had the chance to say good-bye to you. I miss all of you very much.

On February 17th, I was diagnosed with a blood cancer named Myelofibrosis. Then on February 20th, while getting ready for a 4 day trip, I developed a severe stomach pain. My husband, Tom, said “You are not going to work”. I was rushed to the hospital with an obstructed bowel, which required emergency surgery. Between February 24th, when I got out of the hospital for the first time, and the first of June I was admitted two more times. Both times were for blood clots and pneumonia caused by my oral chemo drugs, which I was taking for my disease.

I am feeling a lot better now, but I am in need of a Bone Marrow Stem Cell Transplant as soon as possible, before my disease progresses to Acute Leukemia. Fortunately, an international donor was found and I am scheduled to enter the hospital on July the 22nd, at which time I will start high dose chemo in preparation for the stem cell transplant. The transplant will be on the 28th or 29th of July if all goes well.

I will be admitted into Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center in downtown Denver and will probably be there until the first of September. When I can come home, my husband will be my caregiver for the next one-hundred days, while I rebuild my immune system. I can receive visitors as long as they are healthy and take certain precautions. My husband must be with me 24/7 and can only leave me for forty-five minutes at a time.

Hopefully, after the first one-hundred days my immune system will start to improve. I will still have to remain out of public places for up to one-year except for weekly doctor appointments.

I’d love to see all of you and look forward to hearing from you soon!! One year is going to be a long time to be away from my friends and colleagues!!
________________________________________


Contact information:
Home: (303) 862-9373
Cell: (973) 698-7794


5838 Biscay Street
Denver, Colorado 80249


Presbyterian/St Luke Hospital
1719 E. 19th Ave.
Denver, CO 80218
Please no flowers… I am in a sterile environment…

1 comment:

  1. Our beautiful friends we love, love your hair cuts...Jod you look beautiful, your short hair...Tom pretty handsome! So many great memories,and so many more to make! sight seeing, papya in the morning, shopping,hula boys the list is endless lol...seriously, Love you guys, your with us everyday in our hearts and prayers. XOXOXO Alma and Carolyn

    ReplyDelete