Jody's Garden

Jody's Garden
"No Worries"................. On a Sunset Cruise off Na Pali.................. "You can click on the picture for a tour of what we saw and the fun we had..............." (If you are new to my blog, I post the most recent news or event first (or on top). If you are trying to catch up, you may want to start with my older posts first by clicking on the "Blog Archive" and choosing a title)

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day Plus Ninety-Five

I got home last night around nine-o'clock. Jody eat three meals at the hospital (not without complaint) and she seems to be able to move around better. The pain in her back has decreased. It is a wonder what hydration and a couple of steroids can do for you. We did a couple of laps around the hospital ward. The doctors came in early yesterday (Saturday) and told Jody they did not find any embolisms and her lungs looked clear. They (Doctor Bearman and the nurses) think she may get to come home on Monday, time will tell.

I have to go to Papa Joe's (Jody's father who turns 95 this month) nursing home this morning. He thinks he broke his hearing aid, again. He has a tough time changing his batteries and will not ask the staff to help. It is no big deal to fix. We (Papa Joe and I) are going out for breakfast, just the two of us. It makes him feel good, sort of a pay back for fixing his hearing aid. He loves IHOP... pancakes and bacon, every time. Afterwards, I will take Papa Joe back to the nursing home and then it is on to the hospital to be with Jody. I am hoping to hear lots of good things. I can not stay too long because "trick-or-treat" starts at four-o'clock today here in Denver. In years past Jody and I have developed a reputation as the SCARRY house. "Those people are CRAZY!" was heard often as the "trick-or-treaters" ran for their lives.


The little women


My best side



We did consider Uncle Fester as some of you have suggested
Several of you called yesterday, a couple texted... Jody loved hearing from you. Thanks!

I will try to post more tomorrow.



"Men build bridges and throw railroads across deserts, and yet they contend successfully that the job of sewing on a button is beyond them. Accordingly, they don't have to sew buttons."

- Heywood Broun

No comments:

Post a Comment