Jody's Garden

Jody's Garden
"No Worries"................. On a Sunset Cruise off Na Pali.................. "You can click on the picture for a tour of what we saw and the fun we had..............." (If you are new to my blog, I post the most recent news or event first (or on top). If you are trying to catch up, you may want to start with my older posts first by clicking on the "Blog Archive" and choosing a title)

Monday, January 17, 2011

Day Plus One-Hundred-Seventy-Three

You may notice I posted "Day Plus One Hundred Sixty Three" earlier today and I am now writing "Day Plus One Hundred Seventy Three". I know it may be confusing, but it allows me to stay chronological. Sometimes I start a post and get called a away or distracted and do not complete it for several days. If I post it on the same day I write it then it stays connected to the day,  but I have to take it down and complete it or edit it later. I forgot to do it on the last post... anyway I am here writing to you now.

I want to catch everyone up on the fabulous progress Jody has been making. Since Jody's last visit to the clinic; where I mentioned we met with Doctor Brunvand, Jody has been to PSL for her monthly Pantamanine (used to prevent Pneumonia) and back to the clinic for her weekly CBC. The clinic visit netted some great blood counts. Jody was normal or close to normal in all categories.

Jody (and yes, along with me) have been doing our exercises almost everyday. Jody's energy level keeps improving.

Jody remains on oxygen for now, but can take it off for short periods of time. Jody is hoping to someday get rid of it completely, but she will be happy if she can go back to using it only at night. Time will tell... Doctor Brunvand remains uncommitted, he told Jody "It is a fact we all need oxygen, it is not really an option." In Jody's case she needs help getting it in her blood via her lungs, which now have a reduced capacity. "I know its a nuisance and you do not really like it, but the consequence of not having oxygen is not very appealing." Jody has accepted the fact, but still complains (a little less boisterously as anyone who knows her, know's what I mean).

We have gone to the movies recently; saw "True Grit" and snuck into "Little Fockers" that was playing in the next door theatre. Nobody was there! There are some advantages to going to an eleven o'clock matinee on a Thursday.  Ain't retirement sweet!

We have nothing planned today. It is supposed to be in the high 50's, so maybe we will drag the tank (oxygen) behind us and go for a walk.

1 comment:

  1. I love what I am reading!!!!! Go see "The Tourist" you will not be disappointed. It is GREAT!!!!!! Love you guys. Shawn

    ReplyDelete