Jody's Garden

Jody's Garden
"No Worries"................. On a Sunset Cruise off Na Pali.................. "You can click on the picture for a tour of what we saw and the fun we had..............." (If you are new to my blog, I post the most recent news or event first (or on top). If you are trying to catch up, you may want to start with my older posts first by clicking on the "Blog Archive" and choosing a title)

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Fourth & Fifth Week

We brought Jody home on April 22. She was recovering from her second trip to the hospital (see "Third Week" post). During the week of April 25, she began to prepare for Linda ( Linda Both is her best friend who lives in Idaho) to come visit. On Tuesday she over exerted herself and strained a muscle in her back. By Wednesday or Thursday she was struggling to get out of bed. I was concerned, but I knew she had an appointment with her primary Doctor on Wednesday. He noticed she was in pain and decided to do a scan to see if it had to do with her kidneys. The scan showed nothing was wrong and gave her more pain medicine and recommended bed rest. On Thursday she was due for her weekly CBC ( see earlier posts) and an INR to check her blood viscosity since she was now on coumadin. Her INR indicated she was not where it should be to keep her blood thinned correctly and her Creatin (Kidney function) had gone up. Doctor Faragher told her to stop one of her medicines and increase the coumadin (blood thinner). No big deal... Right!

On Friday she was still struggling, but as everyone knows her, she continued to get ready for Linda and even went for a pedicure and a hair cut. During this adventure she again struggled just to get home. Upon arriving home she went straight to bed. I attempted to get her to eat, which she would have nothing to do with food. I then began to encourage her to go to the hospital ( she refused). By Saturday morning it was getting worse and I began to insist she go to the hospital, but she insisted on staying home and working through the pain. She wanted me to continue with my Census job. I called almost every hour to see what she was doing.

I finally was off the Census clock and returned home to find her in bed, in pain. I told her we were going to the hospital and she again insisted she would be find by the morning. Latter that day I had to turn in my Census payroll for my workers. She also wanted to pick up some place mats and shirts she had purchased at Macy's last Sunday and had put into layaway because of a sale. I told her she had to go with me on the errands or pack her bags for the hospital. She decided to go with me and insisted she would be fine by Sunday morning.

Sunday morning I awoke early and went down to the kitchen for breakfast. I heard her get up and she came down and sat at the table and eat some cereal. I noticed her color was very light. She told me she was going back upstairs to bed. I heard her start up the stairs, when I heard a strange sound or moaning. I ran to the stairs and coming around the corner looking up the stairs I saw her knees begin to buckle. She looked around at me and I ran to her, stabilizing her I continued to help her up the stairs and into bed. I told her to begin to get ready we were going to the hospital. She insisted she was not going. I left and went to my office and called 911.

Returning to her I told her the paramedics were on the way and she should start dressing or she was going to the hospital in her night gown. About that time the three paramedics and four firemen were standing in our bedroom. She realized I was serious. After a nice conversation with me (!@#$#%) she complied with the paramedics and off we went.

This now brings everyone up to week five... we are still at the hospital and Linda is here to help.
I will try to write more this weekend.

Love you all!

1 comment: